Rancho Penasquitos City Overview

Click Here to see Rancho Penasquitos 92129 current listings.

Go back to All Listings Page
Go back to Home Page

The community of Rancho Penasquitos was established in the early 1970s, so the homes’ ages range from a couple of years old up to 30 years old. It is also a tight-knit community where play dates at the park and hometown high-school football games rule! In addition, the suburb is part of the highly-acclaimed, heavily-awarded Poway Unified School District. Many families purchase homes in Rancho Penasquitos mainly because of this fact.

However, the community has plenty more to offer than just a great education for children. There are plenty of parks, equestrian trails and horseback riding, and hiking in the Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve. Rancho Penasquitos,’ full name is Rancho de los Penasquitos, or “Ranch of the Rolling Hills.” And, this fact, not just hype! Bicyclists welcome the challenge of the suburb’s rolling hills and also take pleasure in riding on the bike path that runs parallel to Highway 56 taking them from the suburbs to the coast.

Although the San Diego suburb of Rancho Penasquitos is technically situated in North San Diego County, one could argue that it is actually quite central. The suburb is located right off Interstate 15 and Highway 56, making a commute to La Jolla, Sorrento Valley, or Downtown San Diego a snap.

A popular event for all of San Diego County residents is the annual road trip through “Christmas Card Lane.” Every year for the last 23 years, a particular neighborhood in Rancho Penasquitos decorates its homes and yards with larger-than-life Christmas cards, decorations, and props. What started as an idea between 15 homes has grown to over 200 homes!

The area is also one of the richest areas in the city of San Diego with a median income of $87,789. There are over 55,000 community residents. About 25% of Rancho Penasquitos’ (92129) homes are multi-family (e.g. condos or townhomes). The other 75% of Rancho Penasquitos’ (92129) homes are single-family houses. The median price of a detached home in Rancho Penasquitos (92129) is $680,000. The median price of an attached home (condo or townhome) in Rancho Penasquitos (92129) is $328,000.